Learn how to wrap text and change column headers in StyleADVISOR
There are several common StyleADVISOR formatting questions we receive that are simple to achieve. Two of the most popular questions involve how to wrap text and how to change the column headers in a table.
Let’s start with wrapping text. Sometimes the name of a product is too long or the name of a statistic doesn’t fit in the allotted space at a size large enough to read so it makes sense to wrap the text down to a second line. This is actually quite simple. Below are instructions on how this can be done:
- Getting to the text might be slightly different depending what you are trying to change, a product name, statistic name, etc.
- Once you’ve gotten to the section with the text you first want to locate where you want to wrap the text.
- Once found, you’ll use the key on your keyboard just above the “Enter” key. The top symbol on that key is what is called the pipe symbol. This symbol will wrap text.
- Hit shift+the pipe symbol key on your keyboard to insert the pipe symbol where you want to wrap the text.
Below is a picture showing the pipe symbol inserted into the text, the initial table when pulled in from the Gallery as Custom Table #1 and then the changed manager name with wrapped text in red in Custom Table #2.
Another common question we get is whether it’s possible to change the column headers of statistics on a table. The answer is yes. The best way to do this and keep the changes for the future is to do it through the Select Statistics Dialog Box. Below are instructions how to do this:
- Right click on the table...Select Statistics which will bring up the Select Statistics Dialog Box.
- Under “Display Name”, change the name of the header to your liking.
- If you save the file, this table will always pull up with that name.
Below is a picture showing the Select Statistics Dialog Box, the initial table when pulled in from the Gallery as Custom Table #1 and then the changed headers in red in Custom Table #2.
We hope this is helpful!
If you have any additional questions feel free contact our Product Support team at (800) 789-5323 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, if you have any great tips of your own, feel free to share them by commenting below!
More information about this topic: